Monday, December 31

At Billabonn in Bonn

Saturday night me and my friend decided that a night out in Bonn was in the agenda! First we had dinner with her whole family at a really nice italian restaurant. I had vegetarian tortellini with walnuts in creme sauce and It was just heavenly.

Think that dinner also might be what saved me that night somehow from joining the party gods (toiletbowl)

We went to Billabonn bar in Bonn which is an Aussie pub and well on saturday night they tend to have 1€ shots. I guess you figured out what might have happened!
Yes we had plenty of shots (german ones) like strawberry/lime, sour apple, passoa and atleast 2 of each. On top of that we were drinking Aussie beers and ciders. By midnight when my friends brother showed up one person was already in the mercy of the party gods. Did the rest of us have any sense left that we might be joining soon???? NO you guessed right so with the help of her brother and friend we kept on drinking shots and beer (more sour apple, strawberrylime, but alos sambuca w coffe etc etc) By 2 am we had had atleast 10 shots each and my poor friend had had enough so we had to go home (most likely what saved me).

When you live outside Bonn there is ine downside a major one: Winding roads up and down the hills through villages with even worse winding turns......

But we made it home safely almost in one piece!

UPDATE: ok pub is now spelled correctcly & we were only 2 out of 5 that made it to bed in one piece.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, lets say YOU made it home in one piece... I can't claim that for myself (I believe I left pieces all along the road, dammit)... Well impressed with your drinking skill that night, good on ya! Oh by the way, the bar is called Billabonn (N instead of G at the end, as a play on Billabong and Bonn (the city)).
Anyway, hope you got home safely today and I'm already looking forward to your next trip over, hopefully in 3-4 weeks!!!