Thursday, January 3

Steig Larsson- the millenium triology

This Christmas break I seem to be catching up on my lack of reading this fall.

The first 2 books that I finished were book 1 & 2 in the Milleniumtriology. Have not got around reading the last one yet (waiting for the paperback edition or to brow it from a friend)

But Oh my god did I finish these books in a flurry as my friends who had read them told me I would, Book two I finished while in germany and am know trying to find out if they will be translated into english soon so that I can pester some of my friends with them.

In rough translation they would be called:

book 1: men who hates women
(think the english translation is: grl with the dragon tatoo, but not sure its the same book :( )

book 2: the girl who played with fire


Book 3: Blowing up the aircastle


As I said this is a rough tanslation nont sure at all what they will call them, but Girl with the dragon tatto is released in a couple of days, but can't find any more information about it than title, author & release date (unfortunately).

In quick words the story is about the Journalist Mikael Bergqvist and computer hacker Lisbet Salander whose roads cross in solving a 40 old missinng person mystery in book one that has some unexpected turns.
In book 2 their roads cross again when Lisbet becomes the mainsuspect in a tripel murder case. Two of the murdered people were investigating the human trafficking from the east.
Both are well written, but it does take you a while to get ccaught up in the first book, but when it finally does you are hooked and wont let go of the book until you are on the final page. After that you just wanna get your hands on the second book (luckily my mom had the book at home) and now I just wanna get my hands on the third book, but I refuse to buy a hardback copy so will have to wait until I get into a friends bookshelf at home.

My words are read them if you haven't and dtry to get your hands on a copy ASAP. Will keep you updated on the english versions when I fifnd out more about them.

photo: adlibris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came to your blog thru a search robot, looking for comments on Millenium. I saw nothing. Why don´t you say something more specific on these books? Just tell nonsense words, my mom´s book, and so on. A blogger has a mission: to tell something the value something...Sorry for being so honest but I will get out from the blog very frustrated.