Sunday, January 20

The Swarn by Schätzing, Frank


When I was in germany and looking for a book to read on my flight home, my friend told me that I had to read The swarm,by Schätzing, Frank its originally a german book by have luckily been translated to english so that me and so many other people can get to read this wonderful scifi book.

Its about marine ecology and the environment that we know so little about in the deep seas, exactly was is hiding below the surface and maybe the inteligent life we are looking for in outer space is just under that surface.

When the marine life starts behaving obsurd some marine scientist get involved in solving the problem with the help of the Us marines (of course) and well the only thing I can say is that when you pick up the book and start reading it you won't be able to stop until you are on the final page.

if you don't have any interest in marine biology or ecology some bits might be a bit boring, but I think that you will enjoy it for the story and not the research that have bin put into this book.
I'm amazed on how many facts are correct and well researched.


give it a 4 bambies, would have bin 5 but there are some parts in the end that well...... lets just say nog in my liking really.

photo: cdon

No comments: