Saturday, March 28

The reality of work

Thursday and friday this week I have bin spending in Uppsala and its always hard to leave work and let your colleages take care of your classes and students.

On thursday afternoon I got a phonecall from a colleague that shock me to the core. I now these are the kind of phonecalls that can occur when you are dealing with teenagers and all the problems that s in their world. I actually skipped class and sat out in the sun ( yes it was making an appearance) talking to a friend how to deal with it and well just needed to talk to somebody.

Some students you get closer to than others due to cetain events, but when you get a phonecall that you have bin suspectig will come one day its still a chock and hard to belive that it actally has happened. It took several houors until I got the full picuture, but until then I had the worst senarios painted up in my mind. Its things like this that sometimes make me wonder of my choice of career!

Its just improtant to remember that this is not an everyday occrence( more commo in hgh school unfortunately). The students is not dead, but that still doesn't make this situation less desperate and hard to deal with.Coming to work on monday will be hard just becaused I wasn't there when it all happened and other colleagues have had to deal with so much during the last two days. I now I'm not responsible, but still feel like it. It was in my class things happened and that my colleague that I have the class with had to deal with this alone ( Yes she had help by people, but still)....

No comments: