Thursday, October 29

The Mao case



The Mao case
by: Qiu Xialong

Is it really necessary to have font 8-9 in a book?
The story is about a girl whose grandmother had an affair with Mao and Mao gave something to this woman that has followed through the generations of tragedy that followed. Its interesting to read and that its not a western criminal story is just a plus. While reading there are a lot of poems appearing that eiher Mao of someone else in China has written.


This makes me wanna read more about Mao. I know nothing about him really & this book kind of tickled me senses in wanting to now if it all is fiction or if some parts actually are true.

The book never really captured me in its claws as I thought it should from reading the back while standing in an airport tryingn to choose.

I therefor only give it a two. To many missing elements and the intriguing murder story is still missing for me (sad to say).


page count: 8659 + 289 =8948


No comments: