Sunday, December 27

Kortfattad kinesisk-engelsk ordbok för älskande

Kortfattade kinesisk-engelsk ordbok för älskande
by: Xiaolu Guo

This was my choice for our bookcircle at work. Its interesting to see her development of the language from start of the book to the end. I do think I should have read this one in english instead of swedish (but I didn't order the books). I love the struggle she has with the meaning of different words and the culutral barriers that exist between the chinese culture and western european.

Her obsession with sex I have a bit hard to understand she takes it a little to far in my meaning, but still like it and how she interpretates things that we take for granted. But how naive isn't she following strangers home, trusting everybody and even after a year not clearly understanding some parts of the sex sell.

There was an interesting discussion about the book and the cultural barriers that do exist and how wrong it gets sometimes.

I only give it a 3.

Page count: 11 154 + 288 = 11 442


No comments: