Friday, March 5

Snowboard

Last thursday we have an outdoor PE day at work. This day we have once a year and the students get to decide what kind of winteractivites that they would like to do during the whole day. I decided to do the same as last year and tag on the students that wanted to go skiing and snowboarding. It is usually a really nice day in the slopes.The only thing you need to do as a teacher is to make sure the students get their slopetickets, food ticket and get there and from. If no accidents happend that is.

This year I wasn't as lucky as I was last year. Around noon the last run before we were going on lunchbreak I fell not in a steep slope or fast or anything, just lost my balance where it was flat. Unfortunatley I took the entire fall with my left arm & managed to bend the eldow in the wrong way. That was it for my day in the slope.

After lunch I was keeping the busdriver company and being boored. My elbow was hurting, but didn't think it was that bad until we started driving home. The vibrations from the bus settled in my arm and the pain was making me nausious. So when I got home I had to drive to the ER and get it examined to make sure I hadn't broken or cracked any bones in the elbow.

Thank got that was not the case, just a sewere sprain and extended tendons. Since then I have bin eating painkillers 24/7 and had my elbow in bandage. Now I can move it but some movement makes the elbow pop and you can feel the bones shifting slightly inside.

No comments: