Monday, May 3

Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice
By: Jane Austen

Its a classis every girl should read it and love it. That I what I have heard my whole life (ok ok since I became a teenager) unfortunately I had a swedish teacher that kind of put me off the classicals. We had to love what she loved and read what she said, never what we wanted. As you might have noticed from my book reviews I am a Fantasy geek and I do like Vampires, trolls, elfs, dragons magic and all that. So for years I have told my self I will not like the classical love stories and why then read them?

Now a little more mature I figured that maybe I should read them. Most of all since they are on all top 100 lists of books to read before you die. There might be an advantage to have read them (you actually now what people are talking baout and can form a thurrow opinion of them from your own facts instead of belives).

I told my self one classical every third book I read (managed to break that before I even started). But I actually like this book, yes you know what is going to happen and there is no real drama (in my opinion). But their dialoges and all the descriptions of the scenes and caracters I love. I can understand why there has bin so many movies and TV-shows based on this book. Its almost like a manuscript.

I give it a three, it is as I said a little to obvious.

page count: 2270 + 352 = 2622

No comments: