Sunday, July 25

5) Rabbit proof Fence

Rabbit proof fence
By: Doris Pilkington

Not sure why at work I suddenly start to read biographies. Is it so that I will look even more brainy around the students or is it because these books capture my eyes or is it that they are easy to lay down at a whim and pickup again without having to loose track? Honestly I don't know but I guess its a little mixture of all of them. Since its now holidays I have time to finish all these books that I have started in class, but never had time to complete for different reasons.

Rabbit proof fence is Australian and aboriginals. That you can tell from the language, I'm home I can feel the heat, breathe the red dust and become horrified at how white men think. This is one of those books where I'm ashamed to be white european on top of that. I'm also amazed at how ignorant people can be not to think what a person is willing to do to see their family again.

I give it a four and am still working on getting the dust from my skin.

page count: 5 705 + 133 = 5 838

No comments: