Saturday, February 1

10 years as a vegetarian

I realized this morning when I was making breakfast that in January 2004 I made the decision to cut out red meat and birds frommy diet permanently.

Previously I had tried to learn eat red meat and more than chicken fillets, but it never appelaed me. So when I moved from Townsville to Melbourne I also left the little bit of meat I ate behind me.

I have never regretted this decision.

Twice I have eaten chicken, once by accident and once by no other option (except starvation and embarassing my friends mother in law).
Once I hade accindetally eaten pork.
Twice tuna. Once by no other option than embarassing myself for my friends mother that switched out the lamb for fish becasue of me and once by coice (Hey fresh caught tuna by an old man from his hand carved canoe. No dolphins were harmed and he put his life at risk).

Thats it.
There have ofcourse been events where I have been served meat and sent it out, bacon has bin sprinkeled as decoration on my vegetarian salad (Some people do not understand the word vegetarian).
There have been mince dishes served where we have wondered over the true source of the "vegetarian" mince.

Other than that nothing. Sure occassionally I have crawing for liverpate but that is it.


No comments: