Friday, May 29

Studentloan


Aa lot of fmy friends are always chcocked that I rarely have any money and by mid month I'm usually staggering living like a unistudent when it comes to eating and right before payday I'm leaningo ut the cupboards.

The thing is that yhea I have a job that pays a decent amount and my rent isn't that bad for a big 2bedroom place. Yhea I have some other bills that need to shrink: like cellphone, gas and shopping account.

But although compared with other people and their lives these bills are not that bad. What kills me is the repayments on my student loan. Don't take me wrong. I don't regret spending all that money on my degree and am willing to spend the same amount again if it gets me were I want in the end.

But as it is rirght now I'm spening almost as much for rent each month as I am paying of my loan. When I lived in my studio apartment I was paying more on my student loan than. Rent, electricity, internettvphone, insurance each month.
I know I know this is a choice I made & will have to live with for another 22 years until its all paid off. What sucks even more is that the more money I make at work, the more they increase my repayments.

I have bin considering getting an extra job a couple of days a month just for my loan repayment. But have realized that in the end I will just get a higher repayment on the loan for next year.

currently I'm paing 4% of my yearlysalary towards my loan. The day I move back overseas I will have to start repaying 6% of my yearly salary. But honestly, I still think I'll have more money than what I have know....

No comments: