Monday, December 28

Northern Lights

Northern Lights (The golden compass) by: Philip Pullman

This summer my dear friend Holly Hock and I were meeting a couple of times to discuss the Twilight books after she finished reaading them. Everytime we met she brought me a new part in the Golden compass series & told me that I had to read them. For some reasons I have not had time to finish reading the first book until now. The first 20 pages took about 4 months to read, the last 360 pages took about 3 days. Last night I could not stop readning. Even when I was so tired my eyes were closing I just had to fnish the book, the last five pages were completed with the help of toothpicks holding my eyes open.

I love the story that is set in a world so similar to ours, but still so different. Ofcourse we have the orphaned child with a wealthy uncle, but all humans have deamons, there are armored bears, witches & magic. And Dust the ever so important dust. The evil woman with a golden monkey & kids disapearing with Gobblers. Its my world, some other place than the real world & I feel so part of it. I feel the agony when Pan the deamon is hurting, I feel the comfort when he is there trying to make me happy. Its almost like I am the Deamon following feeling the happyness, distress, pain, love & adventure.

But why did they change name on the bok from "Northern lights" to "the Golden compass"?

This is a clear 5. When I'm part of the story nothing can go wrong!

Page count: 11 442 + 399 = 11 851

No comments: