Wednesday, March 3

The Amber spyglass



The Amber Spyglass
By: Philip Pullman

This is the third and final book of The Dark Materials triology. The first two books I finsihed quickly and then after seem to have lost my copy of The Amber spyglass had to borrow my friends book waited impatiently to got my hands on it. Told her that she would have it back within a week. That turned out to be a lie. For some reason it has taken me ages to finish it (ok ok about 1½month).

You finally find out why Lyra and Will are so important and what the real deal with her parents are. You also get your questions answered about the subtle knife, but that about it. I felt it lost its speed and energy that the first two books had. This one was more of a drag where you were reading page after page and nothing exciting really happened.
Its ashame when it all started so good that it lost a little in the end. But I do like that the ending is not a happy fairytale ending as it is with so many fantasy books.

I give it a three

pagecount: 801 + 465 = 1266

No comments: