Friday, September 3

I heart New York


I heart New York
by: Lindsey Kelk

I don't think I have ever read as little books as I did this summer. Even though the weather has bin perfect I have not bin in the mood to read. Until I got this book with UK Glamour magazine. Its chick lit and for some reason I just couldn't put it down. Sure all the brand dropping got a bit annoying and the amount of cash she has on her savings account also bugged me. But the swift turn of events and running away to New York after finding her fiance in the backseat of the car at her best friends wedding pulled me in. I guess its because I can kind of realte to the running away feeling. It is something that I have bin wanting to do for a while, but not bin able to.

Arriving in New York checking into a hotel, getting a complete remake and then buying a brand new wardrobe is something I'm dreaming about right now. So sick of my closet (correction: sick of the weather, don't wanna put more clothes on still wanna live in summer outfits). The hot men that asks her out for dates, the double dating and the decisions in who to choose. The job offer etc etc. This is what I wanna do! But I'm almost doing it just moving to another city (planned) and starting uni (that will lead to another job).

What I also loved was the problems her family and friends at home had to deal with her desion of leaving and starting a new life.

I give it a four.

Page count: 5 705 + 202 = 5 907

No comments: