Wednesday, April 27

Hybrids

Sometimes my students ask me questions that I can not answer and there is not enough time (or place) for them to look up the answer during class. In cases like this and if it is something that may be relevant to the topic I promise to look into it for their next class.

I was a subteacher for a colleague before easter break and got a question about crossing horses and zebras with each other, what its called, if they are fertile ect etc. I have now learned they are called a zorse (zebroid).

I have now spent 4 hours reading about animal hybrids and I get more andmore scared what crossings and breedings programs there actually exist.

At the moment it is li/ti-tigon/liger crossings I'm reading up on.

Think I might have to dedicate a full lecture on this!

1 comment:

Ia said...

folk är sjuka.